AREAS OF INTEREST
- Malignant hematology diseases
ACADEMIC EDUCATION, MEDICAL TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Prof. Dina Ben-Yehuda was born in (Haifa) Israel in 1953.
- She received her medical degree from the Ben-Gurion University Medical School (1974-1980).
- She then continued her medical training as an intern and resident at Hadassah University Hospital (1981-1985) specializing in Hematology. Her training in basic research started at the Hebrew University Medical School and the Lautenberg Center for Immunology at the Hebrew University and was completed at the Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research in New York (1990-1992).
- Since returning to Israel, Professor Ben-Yehuda has set up her own laboratory which does both molecular diagnostics of hematologic diseases and basic research.
- In April 2000, Professor Ben-Yehuda was appointed to be the Director of the Hematology Department in Hadassah University Hospital.
- In September 2006 Professor Ben Yehuda was appointed to be Director of The Division of Hematology (Hematology Dept, Bone Marrow Transplantation Dept., Blood Bank and Neuro-Oncology Unit).
- Prof. Ben-Yehuda is extensively involved in clinical work as well as research and teaching and was awarded prizes for outstanding teacher in the Faculty of Medicine since 1984.
- She participates in world-wide clinical trials and is well recognized in her international activities in the scientific community (guest lecturer, member of medical societies, member of editorial boards).