Areas Of Interest:
- Joint replacement
- Knee replacement – primary joint replacement, revision joint replacement, partial knee replacement.
- Hip replacement surgery – primary joint replacement, revision joint replacement, minimally invasive total hip replacement (a smaller surgical incision), anterior, posterior and lateral hip replacement surgery approach:
- Robotic-assisted joint surgery (MAKOplasty) for partial or total hip and knee replacements
- Joint replacement without inpatient rehab.
- Sports Medicine
- Hip preservation surgery – hip arthroscopy, knee pain in young adults, pelvic osteotomy as a means of stabilizing the hip and preventing early osteoarthritis.
- Conservative and surgical management of patients with hip arthrosis, predominantly women aged 50-80.
- Non-surgical treatments for joint preservation – steroids and biologic ultrasound-guided injections (PRP, Stem Cell). When PRP injection is performed, ultrasonography is helpful for accurate identification of the injection site.
Education and specialty:
- MD, Medicine – Tel Aviv University (2006)
- Orthopedic Surgery Resident – The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel 2014
- Clinical rotation – joint replacement (knee and hip) in the Center for Joint Replacements, NJ (2012)
- Clinical and research fellow at American Hip Institute, Chicago, USA (2015-2017)
Awards and positions
- The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel 2007 – 2008
Completed with honors a transitional Internship rotating through the major hospital departments
- Research associate at New Jersey Center for Biomaterials, Rutgers University, New Jersey, USA (2009)
- Best Medical Specialist Award, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel, 2013
- Highest grade for the second (final) step exam of the Israeli Orthopedics Boards
- Fellowship cum laude at American Hip Institute, Chicago, USA
- Instructor for a yearly Advanced Hip Arthroscopy Course – Chicago, USA (2016-present).
- Clinical and Research Fellow at American Hip Institute, Chicago, USA (2017- present).