- 1970–1980: University College School High School, London
- 1981-1987: University of London, Middlesex and University College Hospital Medical School, United Kingdom
- 1983-1984: BSc, Upper Second Honors Class Degree, Intercalated Bachelor of Science, Psychology and Medicine, University of London
- 1988: MBBS. (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery), University of London
- 1989–1991: Judaic Studies, Jerusalem
Continued Medical Training
- 1987-1988: Internship in Internal Medicine, Newham General Hospital London Internship in General Surgery & Orthopedics, The Royal Cornwall Hospital, Cornwall, United Kingdom
- 1988: Junior resident in a closed psychiatric observation unit, London
- 1992–1998: Resident and Senior Resident, Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Shaare Zedek Medical Center, Jerusalem
- 1988: Medical License, British Medical Association.
- 1990: Israeli Board Certified, Medical Licensing Examination for New Immigrants, Israel Medical Association
- 1998: Israeli Board Certified, Geriatric Medicine, passed with Distinction, Israel Medical Association
- 2002–2003: Diploma in Health Service Management, Clalit Health Fund
- 2007: Diploma in Psycho geriatrics, Israeli Geriatric Society
- 2008: Diploma in Good Clinical Practice (GCP),
- 1998–2002: Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment Clinic, Institute of Geriatric Medicine, Clalit Health Fund, Jerusalem
- 1998: Medical Director of the Jerusalem Home Hospitalization Program, Clalit Health Fund, Jerusalem
- 2000: Senior Physician, Department of Rehabilitation and Geriatrics, Hadassah University Hospital Mt. Scopus, Jerusalem
- 2000–2004: Acting District Geriatrician and Director of the Institute of Geriatric Medicine, Clalit Health Fund, Jerusalem
- 2001: Consultant for Sub-acute Geriatric Department, Amal Jerusalem Geriatric Hospital, Maale Adumim.
- 2003: Senior Investigator the Jerusalem Longitudinal Cohort Study
APPOINTMENTS AT THE HEBREW UNIVERSITY HADASSAH MEDICAL SCHOOL.
- 2000: Senior Physician, Department of Rehabilitation and Geriatrics, Mt. Scopus, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem
- 2002: Teaching Medical students, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Mount Scopus, Jerusalem
- 1/4/2007: Lecturer, Geriatrics (Medicine)
- 2008-2010: Tutor for small group, 1st year medical students, Medical Humanities
- 2008-2010: Examiner (OSCE) 1st year medical students, Medical Humanities
- 2010: Interviewer (OSCE) for Medical School applicants
- Additional Functions/Tasks at the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School.
EXPERIENCE IN ACADEMIC HOSPITAL ADMINISTRATION.
- Since joining Hadassah in 2000 I have been a senior physician in the Department of Geriatrics and Rehabilitation. My duties included the medical responsibility for different wards, including Geriatric Rehabilitation, Sub-acute care, Hospice, Home Hospice, Long- term complicated care, and the Geriatric Emergency Room.
- In addition to the medical management of these wards, the administrative duties have included the management and orchestration of multidisciplinary teams, demanding close cooperation of nursing staff, physiotherapists, occupational and speech therapists, and social workers.
SERVICE IN OTHER ACADEMIC AND RESEARCH INSTITUTIONS
Experience in Community Geriatric Administration
- On completing my specialization in Geriatric Medicine in 1998, I became consultant geriatrician in a Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment clinic, and subsequently became the Medical Director of the Jerusalem Home Hospital and Home-Care Unit, both of which are divisions of the Institute for Geriatric Medicine, Clalit Health Services, Jerusalem District. The Home Hospital is an innovative and unique service providing intensive comprehensive medical care at home to 300 patients simultaneously, as an alternative to in-patient medical, geriatric, or hospice care. Management of this model of community-based health care has required the planning, coordination and administration of a large multidisciplinary team of health professionals, utilization and maintenance of considerable logistic backup, as well as financial accountability to the Jerusalem Directorate within the Clalit Health Services.
- During the years of 2000-2004 I served as the Acting Regional Geriatrician and the Director of the Institute of Geriatric Medicine.
- Since 2006 I have been a member of several National Advisory Committees at the Clalit Health Service Central Office. Working topics and areas of interest have included the definition, implementation and follow-up several areas of Geriatric care
- 2001–2002: Member, Local and National Steering Committee for Integration of National Geriatric Services, Geriatric Division, Ministry of Health
- 2002–2003: Member, Advisory Committee on Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment, Geriatric Division, Ministry of Health
- 2005–2007: Member, National Advisory Committee on Home Care and Home Hospital Services, Central Management, Clalit Health Fund
- 2005–2007: Member, National Advisory committee on Community Geriatric Services, Central Management, Clalit Health Fund
- 2008: Member, National Advisory committee on Quality of Care Indicators for the Elderly, Central Management, Clalit Health Fund
- 2010: Member, Forum for Psychogeriatrics, Israeli Geriatrics Society
- 2010: Member, Steering committee, Implementation of National Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment, Ministry of Health, Geriatric Division.
- 2010: Member, Committee responsible for writing the Part 2 Examinations for Geriatric Board Specialization, Israeli Geriatrics Society.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- Member, Israel Gerontological Society
- Member, Israel Geriatrics Society
- Member, Israel Palliative Medicine Society
- Member, Association of Clinical Research Professionals. (ACRP)
- Member, American Geriatrics Society
- Member, Gerontological Society of America.