Areas of Interest:
- Image guided therapy and invasive procedures
- Oncology medical imaging
- Abdomen and pelvic medical imaging
- US and biopsy of the thyroid gland
Education and Specialty:
- 1997 – MD cum laude in Medical Sciences from the Hebrew University—Hadassah School of Medicine, Jerusalem
- 2003 – residency in Radiology at Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, recognized as an outstanding resident of the year based on both her clinical work and her contribution to medical education.
- 2005 – fellowship in abdominal and pelvic imaging at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), Harvard Medical School in Boston
Experience and Positions:
- Director of Ultrasound Institute, Department of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Hadassah Hospital. She has introduced new diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the Interventional Oncology and Radiology Service, and established the Hadassah tumor ablation service.
- From 2009 – lecturer at Hebrew University Faculty of Medicine
- From 2011 – named Head of the Ultrasound Unit
- Applebaum’s research focuses on ultrasound- and CT-guided interventional procedures, including minimally-invasive image-guided thermal ablation techniques for the treatment of small and large tumors.