Areas of Interest
- Neuroendocrine tumors: lung carcinoid tumors, gastrointestinal cancer, pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors, medullary thyroid cancer, pheochromocytoma, paraganglioma, solid tumors associated with multiple endocrine neoplasias (MEN1, MEN2), familial cerebelloretinal angiomatosis (VHL), etc.
- Adrenal carcinoma
- Pituitary tumors
- Endocrine disorders
- Thyroid disorders
Education, specialty, positions
- At present Simona is the Head of the Neuroendocrine Tumor Unit, Endocrinology and Metabolism Department, at Hadassah-Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem (Ein Karem)
- 2011 – completed clinical & research fellowship in Neuroendocrinology at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital & William Harvey Research Institute, London
- 1996 – specialty Internal Medicine and Endocrinology at Endocrine Institute Beilinson Hospital, Petach Tikva, Israel
- Israel Endocrine Society, member of Executive Committee.
- European Neuroendocrine Tumor Society (ENETS Center of Excellence), member of Advisory Board
- Israel Neuroendocrine Tumors Society
- The North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society
- American Association for Cancer Research (AACR)
- The UK and Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumor Society (UKI NETS)