- 1980 – 1987: Hebrew University, School of Medicine. Doctor of Medicine.
- 1993 – 1996: Hadassah Medical Center, Ein-Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel. Department of Surgery. Resident in Surgery
- 1996 – 1997: Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, N.Y., U.S.A. Senior Resident in Surgery
- 1997 – 1998: Hadassah Medical Center, Ein-Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel. Chief Resident, Department of Surgery
- 1998: Israel Board Certified, General Surgery
- 1998 – 1999: Cleveland Clinic Florida, Ft. Lauderdale, FL. U.S.A. Department of Colorectal Surgery. Research Fellowship – Colorectal Surgery. Host: Dr. Steven Wexner
- 1999 – 2000: Cleveland Clinic Florida, Ft. Lauderdale, FL. U.S.A. Department of colorectal Surgery. Clinical Fellowship – Colorectal Surgery
APPOINTMENTS AT THE HEBREW UNIVERSITY
- 1\10\1995 – Instructor in Surgery
- 1\10\1999 – Lecturer in Surgery
- 5\01\2005 to present – Senior Lecturer in Surgery
Additional Functions at the Hebrew University
- 1997 – 1998, 2000 to 2003 – Director of medical students’ program in the Department of Surgery
- 2000 to present – Residency Program Director – Department of Surgery
- 2005 to present – Fifth Year Medical Students Tutor, Member, Teachers-Student Committee.
- 2005 to present – Member, Medical School Acceptance Committee.
Service in Other Academic & Research Institutions
- 1998 – 2000: Member of the Institutional Review Board (IRB) Committee, The Cleveland Clinic Florida, Ft. Lauderdale, FL., U.S.A.
- 2000 – 2002 – Member of the written Board of Surgery Examination Committee.
- To present: Instructor of Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), IDF.
- To present- Member of the Final (oral) Board of Surgery Examination Committee.
- 1998: Member, Israel Board of Surgery
- 1999: Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES). 2000: Member, Israel Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- 2000: Member, Israel Society of laparoscopic Surgery
- 2000: Member, Israel Society of Trauma
- 2000: Member, International Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- 2000: Board eligible, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons (ASCRS).
- 2001: Committee member – Israel Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
- 2005: Board of Directors – Youth Division Beitar Jerusalem Football Club.
- 2003- 2004: Israel Ministry of Health- Molecular Mechanisms of Enteropathogenic E. Coli invasion to Intestinal Epithelium. $5000/$20,000.
- 12/2001 – 11/2004: New molecular tools for the treatment of colorectal cancer – Hebrew university medical school, Co-Principal Investigator, 15000/$150,000.