- 1981-1984: Medical School, Hebrew University Hadassah Hospital. B.Med.
- 1984-1988: Medical School, Hebrew University Hadassah Hospital.M.D.
- 1989-1994: Residency in Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, Hadassah University Hospital.
- 1992: Instructor in Psychiatry.
- 1995: Lecturer in Psychiatry
- 2001: Senior Lecturer in Psychiatry
- 2005: Associate Professor in Psychiatry
Other Appointments and activities, Jerusalem Hebrew University
- 1995–2001: Member of the Hospital Helsinki committee
- 1995–2006: Member of the Hospital Medical Student Selection committee
- 2000: Lecturer in the Post Graduate School, Psychiatry.
- 2001: Board Examiner in Psychiatry.
- 2006-2009: Head, Academic University Department of Psychiatry (“Rosh Hug”), Hadassah University Hospital Medical School.
- 2009–2010: Strategic Committee for Business development and entrepreneurship,
- 2010: Member of Hadassah Hospital Ethics Committee.
- 2010: Head, Academic University Department of Psychiatry (“Rosh Hug”), Hadassah University Hospital Medical School (temporary, for 6 months).
TRAINING IN OTHER RESEARCH INSTITUTES
- 8-12.1993: Brain Metabolism Unit, Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 9.2001-9.2004: National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA.
- 1990: Member of the Israel Medical Association.
- 1993: Member of the Israel Society for Biological Psychiatry.
- 1995: Member of the Israel Psychiatric Association.
- 1999: Ministry of Health Certification in Hypnosis.
- 2000: Board examiner in Psychiatry.
- 2002: ECFMG Certification.
- 2002: Member of the Society of Biological Psychiatry.
- 2004: Special Volunteer Status, National Institutes of Mental Health.
- 2004: Member, Hadassah Medical School “Hug” for Neurbiology.
- Reviewer for (Journals): Archives of General Psychiatry, American Journal of Psychiatry, Biological Psychiatry, Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, Journal of Affective Disorders, Psychosomatics, Psychiatry Research, Psychiatry Research – Neuroimaging, International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology, Psychopharmacology, Israel Journal of Psychiatry.
- Reviewer for The National Psychobiology Institute and Ministry of Health (grant applications).
PRIZES AND AWARDS
- 1996: Hebrew University, Faculty of Medicine, Dr. Robert Toll award for “Excellence in original research performed within the Faculty of Medicine” (award given for SPECT brain imaging in depression).
- 1997: Israeli Biological Psychiatry Award, Pathophysiological Significance of Cerebral Perfusion Abnormalities in Major Depression-Trait or State Marker.
- 1994–1996: Senior staff member, Department of Psychiatry, Hadassah University Hospital.
- 1996-2001: Director, Psychiatry Out-Patient Clinic, Hadassah University Hospital.
- 1997–2001: Psychiatrist, Unit for the Treatment and Rehabilitation of Head Trauma Patients, Jerusalem.
- 2001–2004: Sabbatical/“Visiting Scientist” fellowship at the NIMH.
- 2004–2007: Director, Psychiatry Out-Patient Clinic, Hadassah University Hospital.
- 2007: Director, Psychiatry In-Patient Services, Hadassah University Hospital.
- 2010: Medical Director, “Barchi Nafshi” Institute, providing culturally tailored mental health services to the ultra-religious community. Joint enterprise with Hadassah (in initiation).
- 2011: Chair, Department of Psychiatry, Hadassah University Hospital.