AREAS OF INTEREST
- Stem cells
- Multiple sclerosis
- Nerve system regeneration
- Malignant tumors in young children
ACADEMIC AND CLINICAL APPOINTMENTS
- M.D. and Ph.D. from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem (1988).
- Board certified in Neurology (1994).
- Post-doctoral fellowship in developmental neurobiology of neural stem cells at the Pasteur Institute, Paris (1995-1997).
- Chief permanent physician in the Department of Neurology (since 2000)
- Associate professor in Neurology (since 2003)
- Head of the program for Neurology, Neurosurgery and Rehabilitation in the Hebrew University – Hadassah Faculty of Medicine (1999-2005).
- Member of the teaching and research committees of the Faculty of Medicine (1999-2005).
- Treasurer of the Israeli Neurological Association (since 2002).
- Chairman of the Department of Neurology (since 2005).
BASIC RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Neural stem cell biology, transplantation of stem cells to the nervous system, Neuro-immunology, Neuro-virology. Received various research grants from the Israel Science Foundation, The ministry of health, The ministry of science, The National Institute for Psychobiology, The National Multiple Sclerosis Society USA, the Human Frontiers in Science Program Organization (HFSPO) and others. A list of selected publications is attached. Scientific counselor to the Israel – US Binational Science Foundation, member of the editorial board of the Journal of Neurological Sciences, routinely reviews research grant proposals and scientific publications for journals in Neurology and in Neuroscience.