AREAS OF INTEREST
- Augmented virtual reality
- Genetics of brain tumors
- Pathophysiology of head injuries
- Intra-operational navigation
- MD Cum-Laude from the Israel Institution of Technology Medical School, 1987
- Neurosurgery Residency, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, 1989-1995
- Staff Neurosurgeon, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem since 1995
- Lecturer in Neurosurgery, Hebrew University Medical School, since 1995
- Research Fellow, The Molecular Genetic Center at the Lerner Research Institution of the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 1997
- Research Fellow, Department of Neurosciences at the Lerner Research Institution of the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 1998
- Clinical Fellow, Neuro-oncology/stereotactic & Gamma Knife Radiosurgery Department of neurological surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 1998-1999
- Visiting Professor at the LINAC – based Radiosurgery unit in New Jersey state University Hospital, (UMDNJ), 2000
- Safety of preoperative minidose heparin in brain tumor surgery: a prospective, randomized, double-masked Phase II study. Co-investigator
- The Ciba-Geigy Head Injury Trial with CGS-19755 (Selfotel). Co- investigator
- The International Blood Brain Barrier Disruption Program. Co-investigator
- Safety evaluation of a single IV dose of Dexanabinol (HU 211) in patients suffering from severe head injury – National multicenter Phase II study (Pharmos Corporation). Principal investigator.
- Efficacy and safety evaluation of a single IV dose of Dexanabinol (HU 211) in patients suffering from sever head injury – International multicenter Phase III study, (Pharmos Corporation). Principal investigator.
BASIC RESEARCH EXPOSURE
- 1993-4 Neurooncology laboratory – “The effect of super oxide dismutase on peritumoral brain edema in rat brain tumor model ”with Prof. Tali Siegal.
- 1995 The Blood Brain Barrier Disruption Program for intraarterial administration of chemotherapy, Portland/Oregon with Dr. Ed Neuwelt.
- 1997 Research program in the field of molecular Genetics – John K Cowell Ph.D. “ Gene rearrangement on chromosome 10 in GBM”, and “Molecular analyses of radiation –induced meningiomas”. The Molecular Genetic Center, The Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
- 1998 Research in the field of cell biology and development- Bruce D Trapp Ph.D. “Expression of oligodendrocyte progenitor cell antigens by gliomas: Implications for the histogenesis of brain tumors” Department of Neurosciences, The Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
- Israeli Board in Neurosurgery. Specialist’s License No. 20906 -1994
- European Association of Neurological Surgeons (EANS) Certificate – 1996
- ECFMG Certification #: 0-421-215-5 – 1995
- FLEX Certification #: 560414020 – 1993
MEMBERSHIPS – SCIENTIFIC AND PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES.
- Israeli Medical Association since 1989
- Israeli Neurosurgical Society since 1995
- Israeli Neurotrauma Society since 1995
- Israeli Surgical Society since 1996
- Israeli Neurosciences Society since 1997
- The American Association of Neurological Surgeon (AANS) since 1999
- The Congress of Neurological Surgeon (CNS) since 1999
- The Tumor Section of the AANS since 1999
- The Society for Neuro-Oncology since 2002
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Dean’s Honor list of medical Sciences, Technion 1981,1982, 1983, 1984
- Technion – Israel Institution of Technology Medical School – Cum Laude – 1987
- Recipient of the best paper award at the 24th neuroscience resident/fellows’ day, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 1999, “molecular genetic analyses of radiation-Induced meningiomas”.
GRANTS FOR RESEARCH
- The Hebrew University and Hadassah University Hospital research grant laboratory study on brain tumor model. 1993 & 1994, 5000$ for each year. Partner – Prof. Tali Siegal.
- The Israeli Chief Scientist of Ministry of Health Stipend for experimental studies on the effect of superoxide dismutase on peritumoral brain edema in rat brain tumor model. 1995 & 1996 (40,000$ each year). Partner – Prof. Tali Siegal.